Updated September 1, 2019
At Chois & Co., (“Chois&Co”) we recognize the sensitivity of the personal information that you share with our services including our websites and mobile applications such as but not limited to Soulspace and DEVO: Devotional Bible Verse. We are firmly committed to protecting your privacy. Your personal information belongs to you alone, and we do not make any claims to own it when you share it with us. We do not sell or rent it to anyone. We are vigilant about preventing unauthorized people from gaining access to it. This policy explains our practices around the collection, processing and storage of your personal information.
We follow the following principles in order to protect your privacy:
- We do not collect any more personal information about you than is necessary;
- We do not keep your personal information if it is no longer needed; and
How we collect and use personal information
We collect personal information about you in three ways: (1) when you share personal information with us, by signing up to use our service, (2) when you purchase something from us, and give us credit or debit card information to do that, and (3) we collect some information automatically.
We may collect information about your computer, including but not limited to your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and in order to create reports. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and helps us to improve our services and websites.
Personal information that you give us
Information about the people who use our services are an integral part of the Chois&Co experience. At a minimum, you must give us certain limited personal information to register as a member of Chois&Co. The basic personal information we collect from new members, who sign up for Chois&Co services, includes:
- A valid and verifiable email address
- A valid and verifiable phone number in some Chois&Co services
- Your digital content and related titles, captions, and annotations.
You will also be required to select a password. Keeping the password secret is your responsibility. We are not responsible if you let the wrong people have your password, although we will do everything we can to help you if you notify us of a password breach.
Our applications enable people to discover and share information with one another in family or friend groups (“Groups”). Subject to your consent, the personal information contained in any content you post to the service may be shared with other family or friends who become members of any of your Groups. If you participate in community discussions and chats, we will capture that information. The amount and type of information you share voluntarily in these ways, and the decision whether to share posts, and with whom to share them, is always your choice.
To personalize your experience and to improve our products and services, we may ask you to provide us with information about your personal or professional interests, demographics and experiences with our products or services. Providing this additional information is optional. If you elect not to share this information with us, it will not affect your access to the service.
With your consent, we will also use your email address, phone number, and/or other member registration information to advise you of new members and new postings to your Group, to let you know about new features or other offers of interest from us or our affiliates. We will also use that information as necessary to address your customer service needs and requests. Other than members of your Group, access to your personal information is limited to our authorized staff and is restricted by our own internal password protection mechanisms.
If you invite others to join one of our applications, or if you create administered accounts for other people, you may be asked to submit to us limited personal information about other people. For example, if you want to invite someone to join one of your Groups, you will be asked to submit the invitee’s name and email address, and/or phone number. In this circumstance, we only collect your invitee’s name, email address, and phone number.
Also, when you share content from any of your Groups, we collect the email addresses, and in some applications the phone number, of the recipients of any content you have elected to share with others. We will not disclose these email addresses and phone numbers to any third parties. (Please note, however, that these people will be able to forward your email and phone number containing the shared content to other parties, if they choose.)
Financial information that you give us
Some elements of the Chois&Co experience are available on a paid, continuous subscription basis, and we also offer products and services for sale through our online store or through other services such as the Apple App Store. To facilitate payment, we will request certain required personal information from you, including your personal credit card or debit card information.
When you subscribe to any of the paid portions of our service or when you make a purchase from our online store, we will collect the following personal and financial information from you:
- Billing address
- Shipping address
- Phone number
- Credit/debit card information
- Items purchased
We will not share this financial information with anyone outside of our company, other than the financial institutions involved in processing your payment or any third party service providers who we ask to process this information on our behalf in order that we can fulfill our contractual obligations to you. We will comply in all respects with applicable consumer credit laws.
Please note: If you click away from our website to visit the site of any third party advertiser or sponsor, you may be asked for your payment card or other personal information in order to purchase or use products and services offered. These companies have their own privacy and data collection practices. We have no responsibility or liability for these independent policies. You should therefore review their privacy notices carefully if you have concerns about how your personal information may be used.
Information we collect automatically
In addition to the personal information you may provide to us as described above, we automatically collect certain device and statistical information to make our services and applications, work better for you. This information helps us evaluate how users and members use our service, such as data analysis, carrying out internal research on how our website is used, audits, developing new products and services, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
The technologies we use to gather this non-personal information include:
- IP Addresses: IP addresses define the Internet location of computers and help us better understand the geographic distribution of our members and manage the performance of our website. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website.
- Web logs: To learn about how people use our website, we examine Web logs, which show the paths people take through our site and how long they spend in certain areas. We also use Web logs to detect the type of Web browser you are using so that we can optimize the performance of our Web site and understand the mix of browsers used by our members.
- Cookies: Cookies are tiny files that are placed onto the hard drive of your computer when you visit our website. They let us immediately recognize you when you return to the site. This enables us, among other things, to personalize your experience with our site. The only cookies in use on our site are for Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Facebook and Pinterest. Google Analytics and Google Adwords is a web analytics and marketing tool that helps website owners directly market to and understand how visitors engage with their website. Google Analytics customers can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with their website so that they can improve it. You may choose to opt out of Google Analytics and still have full access to the Sites. Further information about Google Analytics can be found HERE. You can learn more about cookies by visiting WWW.ALLABOUTCOOKIES.COM, and you can modify your cookie setting by following the instructions provided by your browser. These instructions are usually found in the “Tools,” “Help” or “Edit” tabs. If you set your browser to disable cookies you may not be able to fully access and use our Sites. You can learn more about the choices provided by advertisers for individuals to decide how their information is collected and used by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance (WWW.ABOUTADS.INFO), the Network Advertising Initiative (WWW.NETWORKADVERTISING.ORG/MANAGING/OPT_OUT.ASP) or the European Digital Advertising Alliance (WWW.YOURONLINECHOICES.EU).
The security of your personal information is important to us. We have adopted generally accepted industry standards in connection with our data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information, and data stored on our sites and applications. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose aggregated, or other non-personal information about our users without restriction. We may disclose personal information about you in the following ways and/or to the following third parties:
- Agents and Service Providers. To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, provide the Services, and who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf or for your benefit. These third parties are only given the personal information they need to perform the services we ask them to, and can only use it for those purposes. We have agreements with them to ensure that personal information that the process is properly protected.
- Legal Process. As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- Consent. In additional ways upon your consent.
You can contact us at any time to make the following requests:
- Request a Copy of your Personal Information. You have the right to request a copy of any personal information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of your personal information, please contact us using the contact information below. We may request proof of your identity before sharing such information. If you discover that the information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, you may ask us to correct that information by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Cease Processing or Delete Personal Information. You may ask us to stop processing, or delete, the personally identifiable data we hold about you in certain circumstances. It may not be possible for us to processing or delete all of the information we hold about you where we are fulfilling a transaction or have a legal basis to retain the information, however please contact us to discuss how we can assist you with your request.
- Withdraw Consent. When we process your information on the basis that you have consented to such processing, you have the right to withdraw your consent, or ask us to stop or restrict processing the personal information we have about you, at any time by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Portability. You may also ask us to transfer your personal information to a third party in certain circumstances. If you would like any further information about your rights or how to exercise them, please contact us using the contact information below.
- Complaints. If you are in the European Union, you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the relevant data protection authority in your country.
- Retention. We will retain your information for as long as needed to fulfill your requests, provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Unsubscribe. If you receive marketing emails from us, you can unsubscribe to our emails by clicking “unsubscribe” within each email. You may not opt-out of service-related communications, which are not promotional in nature.
Where we store your personal information
Chois&Co is located, and its websites and applications are hosted, in the United States of America. In order for us to provide our services to you, it will be necessary for us to process and store personal information you provide to us in the United States of America, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country in which you reside.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the contact information below.
Changes and updates